BSL-2 Food Processing
The BRI's BSL-2 food processing areas occupy more than 2,000 square feet. This area contains various industrial-scale food processing equipment for use in food safety research, walk-in cold rooms and freezer, and an overhead rail system.
Biocontainment enhancements include:
- Poured concrete construction.
- Entry/exit shower block.
- Interlocked anteroom doors.
- HEPA filtration of exhaust air.
- Liquid effluent decontamination system.
- Dual electrical feed and stand‐by power generator.
- Individual security PIN code access.
If you are interested in conducting research at the BRI, contact the director.