One Health Kansas Introductory Lesson - Student Handout
- What is “zoonosis”?
- Log in to one of the websites below to start your investigation. If time allows, go to the second website for further information.
http://onehealthkansas.k-state.edu/ or http://www.onehealthinitiative.com/index.php
- Collect facts from the above websites and included links that focus on the questions below:
Record your facts on a separate sheet of paper (or on the back of this page).
- What is One Health Kansas?/ What is One Health Initiative?
- Why is it necessary?
- What does it do for us?
- What is the relationship between One Health Kansas/ One Health Initiative andzoonotic diseases?
- What career opportunities are available that are related to public health?
- Evaluation. Write your response to the following prompt:
- Why are ONE HEALTH initiatives important to our lives? Explain the relationships among people, animals and health.