Responsibilities and Experience
As executive assistant to the Director of the BRI and Associate Vice President for Research, Doris Merrill manages Dr. Higgs' calendar, schedules appointments, and coordinates travel arrangements. She also prepares reports, grant proposals, and organizes special events. Additional activities include assisting with a weekly seminar series and providing support to other managers.
Doris has been employed with the State of Kansas for over twenty-five years. Past experience in various academic support roles at Kansas State University and the University of Kansas School of Nursing provided opportunities to assist administrators, prepare reports, manage projects, supervise staff and coordinate special events. After returning to Manhattan in 2003, she worked several years with the Arthropod Genomics and Ecological Genomics programs at K-State, planning annual symposia and workshops along with marketing the programs, preparing reports and grant proposals.
- Recruitment Specialist, K-State Research and Extension
- Program Coordinator, Arthropod Genomics, Kansas State University
- Program Coordinator, Ecological Genomics, Kansas State University
- Administrative Assistant, Stowers Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri
- Manager, School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- Records Supervisor, Alumni Association, Kansas State University
- B.S., Business Administration, Kansas State University
- Certified Public Manager
- Sunflower Pilot Club - Scholarship Chair, Grant Committee
- Clovia Alumnae Association