BRI Director of Project Coordination
Responsibilities and Experience
David Hogg, Director of BRI Project Coordination, oversees activities of the BSL-3, ABSL-3, and BSL-3Ag research project scheduling team, collaborates with the K-State Large Animal Research Facility (LARC) for research transition to the BRI, facilitates communication between research teams and BRI project support staff, and directs pre-project coordination meetings prior to the start of research in containment.
Hogg also serves as Project Director for the National Agricultural Biosecurity Center (NABC), located in Pat Roberts Hall. Projects include serving as a trainer for the Animal Disease Response Training (ADRT) curriculum for non-traditional FAD response personnel, foreign animal disease response exercise development, facilitation, and evaluation, serving on the Kansas Department of Agriculture foreign animal disease working group, and acting as an emergency management subject matter expert for ongoing and proposed university and NABC projects.
Prior to working for KSU, Hogg served as the Emergency Management Coordinator for the Kansas Department of Agriculture, overseeing the agency’s preparedness and response efforts, including serving as the state lead for ESF-11 and the development, play, and after-action process of the annual KDA Foreign Animal Disease exercise. Hogg has previously served as the program manager for the newly formed Kansas Agriculture Emergency Response Corps and led the Kansas Secure Food Supply project. Prior to joining KDA, Hogg held emergency management positions in both Kansas and Oklahoma. Hogg has a diverse background including experience in farming, ranching, non-profit and volunteer management, emergency planning and response, and television severe weather coverage.
- Emergency Management Coordinator – Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator – Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Emergency Management Planner – Douglas County, Kansas
- Emergency Management Director – Granite, Oklahoma
- B.S., Geography, Oklahoma State University
- M.A., Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Arizona State University (2020)
- Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA)
- Kansas Agriculture Emergency Response Corps (KAERC)
- SKYWARN Storm Spotter, National Weather Service