Responsibilities and Experience
As the Executive Assistant to Dr. Stephen Higgs, Director of the BRI and Associate Vice President for Research, Cherri manages Dr. Higgs' schedule, arranges appointments, and coordinates travel arrangements. Cherri prepares reports, grant proposals, special projects and organizes special events. Additional responsibilities include assisting with seminars, managing the website and providing support to other managers.
Cherri has over 20 years of experience providing direct administrative assistance to executives in the private and public sectors and nearly 13 years of experience working with students. Prior to joining the BRI, she worked at K-State’s Global Campus, Fort Hays State University and also taught for Hutchinson Community College. She is passionate about Kansas State University, its land-grant mission, the Principles of Community and academic advancement.
- Office Specialist II, Global Campus, Kansas State University
- Office Manager, Phoenix Restoration and Roofing, Hutchinson, KS
- Outreach Instructor, Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson, KS
- Office/Human Resource Manager, Simpson Capital LLC, Hutchinson, KS
- Staff Analyst – Finance, Republic Group Incorporated, Hutchinson, KS
- Manager of Admin. Services/Investor Relations, Catalyst Lighting Group, Ft. Worth, TX
- Real Estate Analyst, Koch Industries, Inc., Wichita, KS
- Office Assistant III, Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS
- M.S., Psychology, Kansas State University
- B.S., Business, Fort Hays State University
- A.S., Secretarial Administration, Fort Hays State University
- Manhattan Catbackers