Containment Information Technology Conference 2015
April 29 - May 1, 2015
The Biosecurity Research Institute of Kansas State University presents the first in a series of conferences to address common challenges information technology teams encounter when supporting research at high-containment [BSL-3, BSL-3AG and BSL-4] facilities. Major themes include Cyber Security, Compliance, Facilitating Research, and Containment Communications. Attending will be the IT Directors of some of the most prestigious laboratories in the United States and beyond.
The Biosecurity Research Institute is located on the Kansas State University campus directly adjacent to the future site of the National Bio Agro Defense Facility [NBAF] of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- KEYNOTE: Rick Stevens the CIO of the Department of Homeland Security-Science and Technology Division
- 177th Information Warfare Aggressor Squadron, 184th Intelligence Wing, Kansas Air National Guard
- Computer Forensics Lab, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research (CAE-R), Kansas State University
- Plum Island Animal Disease Center (PIADC), U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI), Kansas State University
- HID Global Incorporated
- Vocera Incorporated
- Siemens Industry Inc
2015 Agenda (last updated 4/27/2015)
2015 Registration Form
International attendees are welcome!
Registration includes the following:
- April 28 – Welcome Reception
- April 29 – Continental breakfast, lunch, dinner
- April 30 – Continental breakfast, lunch
- May 1 – Continental breakfast, boxed lunch (please sign up for a boxed lunch when you register)
- Registration Fee $350
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover accepted. Your credit card statement will show payment to KSU Controller's Office IV.
- Check: Payable to Kansas State University, FEIN 48-0771751
- Agency Purchase Order: Before submitting your registration to your business office for processing, please fax a copy of your registration form to Conference Registration at 785-532-2422. Please provide the actual copy of the APO as soon as it is available.
If you have questions concerning registration, please contact Kansas State University Conferences and Noncredit Programs at email@example.com with “Containment IT Conference” in the subject line, or call 785-532-5569 or 800-432-8222. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Participants who need accommodations due to a disability or who have special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222. Notification by April 11 is requested to ensure that appropriate accommodations can be provided.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If you must cancel your registration, do so as soon as possible. A refund, minus a $50 administrative fee will be made if cancellation is received in writing by April 11, 2015. Fees will not be canceled for registered participants who do not attend and have not notified the conference registration office by the cancellation deadline.
Kansas State University may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If the conference is canceled or postponed, K-State Global Campus will refund registration fees, but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies. Registration fees will not be canceled and refunds will not be issued if the program is held but the registrant is unable to attend due to travel delays or cancellations caused by inclement weather, or due to other extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of Kansas State University.
Hotel Accommodations - Bluemont Hotel
1212 Bluemont Ave Manhattan, KS | 785-473-7091
The Bluemont Hotel is conveniently situated at the corner of Bluemont and Manhattan avenues, adjacent to Kansas State University campus. Just to the South, is Aggieville, the local dining, shopping and bar district. Aggieville features unique cuisine and an exciting night life.
A block of rooms is available at the new Bluemont Hotel. Rate is $100 per night plus tax (currently 14.44 percent). This rate is available until April 7, 2015. After April 7, reservations will be accepted based on availability.
- Go to www.bluemonthotel.com
- Click on RESERVATIONS (upper-right corner)
- Click on CLICK HERE FOR GROUP RESERVATIONS
- Enter CONT0415 as the group ID / KSU is the password
Phone reservations: 785-473-7091 (Mention the Containment IT Conference to receive the group rate.)
Airport Accommodations - MHK
Manhattan Regional Airport [MHK] is serviced by American Airlines® with 3 daily flights to/from Dallas-Fort Worth[DFW] and 2 daily flights to/from Chicago O'Hare[ORD] and features a new terminal.
Transportation will be provided FREE of charge to attendees to/from the Airport, Hotel and Conference venue. Should you elect to rent a vehicle there are two rental agencies located at the MHK airport terminal.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car 785-537-0557/800-736-8222
- Hertz 785-539-0261/800-654-3131
The conference will be held at the Biosecurity Research Institute located in Pat Roberts Hall; directions to the facility can be found here.
A gated parking lot at the Institute is provided FREE of charge for attendees who elect to drive.
Security - Entering the Facility
When entering the Biosecurity Research Institute Facility please be prepared to present government issued photo identification (drivers license, military identification, or passport) as well as the license plate number of your vehicle should you elect to drive.