The BRI has a variety of laboratories and specialized research spaces for plant and animal research. In addition, we will try to work with you to accommodate specialized equipment needed for your project.
Rental of any BRI research spaces includes the use of common areas such as autoclaves, change corridors, and animal support spaces as needed. Also included is the use of core, shared laboratory equipment, for example: refrigerators, freezers, biosafety cabinets, and deionized water.
Our research spaces include:
- BSL-3 enhanced research laboratories and associated support spaces
- Preparation laboratories
- BSL-3Ag animal holding rooms and support spaces
- ABSL-3 vivarium
- Arthropod containment level 3 (ACL-3) laboratory/insectary
- BSL-3 food animal safety/security and food processing areas
- Controlled environment rooms (plant and cell culture)
- Walk-in cold rooms/freezers
If you are interested in conducting research at the BRI, contact the Director.